Sunday, April 15, 2012

thats just how i roll


HAWMC Day #15: Writing with Style. What’s your writing style? Do words just flow from your mind to your fingertips? Do you like handwriting first? Do you plan your posts? Title first or last? Where do you write best?


i don't think i have ever really thought about "how" i write.  i've thought about "why"  and "what" but not "how". 

sometimes if i'm thinking about something or have read something i may jot down a note to self about the topic for future consideration.  i don't normally actually sit down and write out a post on paper first.  that's not to say that i haven't done that, especially if it is a serious topic, or i really need to gather my thoughts.  but even then it's just point form.

most of my posts start with a title, and go from there.  quite often though, by the time i'm done, i go back and change the title. 

when i first started this blog about a year ago, i didn't really know what i was doing, having never written anything quite like this before.  i used to journal, but i never really kept up with it.   perhaps that was because it seemed a little boring.  no feedback.  although i'm not sure i really expected people to read this, it always amazes me when i get comments.  i get really excited to think that there are people out there who read what i write! 

usually, the words just kind of go from my brain to my fingertips.  i do however find myself talking it out in my head as i type.  i'm doing that right now!  does anyone else do that??  do you find that weird?  oh well.  sort of like i was talking to a friend over a cup of coffee.

i sit at my laptop, which is setup on my dining room table and i look out the window.  the window looks out across the street at a little chapel.  it's a quite corner, but sometimes that helps when i get stuck on an idea and am not sure how to put it to "paper".

i try to write from the heart.  to just write like i talk.  i hope i never get too technical or boring.  i hope that someone would let me know if i did!  =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, I think you're doing a great job! I know what you mean about getting comments....it's like Christmas morning! (thank you for your comments!) It's my opinion that the blogs that are written from the heart are the best. It gives people a glimpse into what it's really like to deal with D day in and day out. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete