Saturday, April 21, 2012





I am determined to post every day.  I may not follow the daily prompts from HAWMC but I am picking from the Early Bird Bonus prompts.  Today's prompt is MADLIB.  Apparently I am to go to http://www.languageisavirus.com/cgi-bin/madlibs.pl and enter nouns, verbs, adjectives etc and generate a random poem.  I tried.  It was ridiculous.  I must be doing something wrong 'cause it just made NO SENSE.  So instead I have decided to write about my Daily Schedule.  Not exciting, but at least it'll make sense!!

6:20am      alarm clock goes off - hit snooze button
6:25am      alarm clock goes off again  -  hit snooze button
6:30am      alarm clock goes off once more  -  hit off button and get up to check BG, bolus if      
                  necessary,  hit the shower
7:00am      enter kitchen, and make coffee   I LOVE MY TASSIMO COFFEE MAKER SOO MUCH
7:02am      turn on laptop,  start reading blogs,  decide on the days topic,  check bank balance, pay
                  bills,  you get the idea
7:40am      kidlets arrive!!  work begins (i call it work but seriously some days its just plain fun!)
8:00am      turn on TV and watch Caillou (one of my granddaughters favourite shows) 
8:30am      make breakfast for everyone.  one thing, and one thing only - not different things for
                  different people.  everyone has pancakes, or scrambled eggs, or toast or cereal.  none
                  of this i want toast, no i want cereal - we all eat the same thing.
9:00am      walk Cam to school (tues and thurs) OR let kids watch tv or play on computer while i
                  clean up breakfast mess.


okay so this is getting really tedious!!!  and i'm only at 9am!  i fogot to mention the time brushing teeth and washing faces and hands after eating, or the getting on of coats and shoes!  maybe i should re-visit the poem idea.  hang on, i'll be back in a minute


okay i'm back!   so i went searching for a poem generator that made sense.  i found this site, and i came up with this...

DIABETES ~ an acrostic poem
      by Kim

DOESN'T EVER LET UP
IS NOT INVITED
ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!
BUT IT WON'T WIN
EVER
THERE WILL BE A CURE
EVENTUALLY
SOMEDAY 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Well done. (I'm a major snooze alarm puncher as well. :) I was also unimpressed with the Madlib website. Good idea but not worth the effort for gibberish. I could write that on my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! it was so totally bizarre after my hard work thinking up all the verbs and such, that i just scrapped it!

      Delete