Friday, April 27, 2012
sometimes it's the little things
Your Top 5. For today’s post we’re making a list of our top 5’s – whether they be for your health condition or your Health Activism. Take some time to think about your experiences and develop your top 5’s – the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus and the 5 small victories that keep you going.
While sitting here at my dining room table, and thinking over today's topic, my mind is flitting all over. I can't seem to focus. I am feeling a little stressed.
I have to work all weekend AGAIN. I have so much to do indoors. Talk about spring cleaning! Oh my! It is one day before we have to file our taxes. Am I ready? Almost. I bought ink for the damn printer last night. Printed out a bunch of stuff that my daughter needed and then went to print out the one form I needed and guess what? The printer goes on holiday!! That's right. There is a message on the screen that says, "Problem with ink cartridges". And the stupid light is blinking and the whole thing won't shut off. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it continues to blink. I walk away.
So, back to today's topic.....
Top 5 most difficult aspects of my disease
5. Finding time to download my pump and look for patterns
4. Staying away from the junk food
3. Eating less carbs, or maybe I should say less bad for me carbs
2. Eating more good for me carbs
1. Getting regular exercise
Top 5 small victories that keep me going
5. Lowering my A1c
4. Losing a few pounds
3. Regaining the feeling of going low
3. Having more energy to play with the grandkids
2. Knowing that I am doing everything I can to stay healthy
1. Being part of the DOC and knowing I am not alone, and I CAN DO THIS!
now if only I could get my windows cleaned and catch up on the dusting and vacuuming!