Wednesday, November 23, 2011

cards and calls full of wishes

today in my mailbox (both snail and e) i found cards! 

first off, i received my postcard from Lee Ann Thill's WDD Postcard Exchange!!  i am soo excited!!  it is from another Type 1, who is 22, living in Boston MA.  she was diagnosed 10yrs ago today!  Happy Diaversary Stacy! (i will post a pic once i find my camera!)

secondly, today is my birthday!  my inbox and Facebook are crammed with Best Wishes!  i am very appreciative of these, and grateful to be able to celebrate this day.  it has been a very stressful year, healthwise, so i feel blessed to be surrounded by my family and friends and their love and support.

my phones were alive with activity also! text messages from my daughter, son-in-law, and friends. my home phone was ringing with calls from my parents, and my son and daughter-in-law.

thirdly, back to my real mailbox.  in it were birthday cards from my Aunt, my neighbour, and several friends.  thank you all for remembering. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday I hope you had a great day. Found you via a comment you left on Karen's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy {belated} Birthday! I've been slightly out of commission and am just catching up. I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site- thx. for sharing. I was diagnosed with type 1 at age 44 ( almost 3 years ago) and I am just coming out of my shell. Enjoying reading about others day to day journey with Type 1- Thx. J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY late commenting, but thanks! I was worried that you wouldn't get my card! Love the blog btw!
    And Happy Belated!!

    ReplyDelete