Sunday, November 06, 2011

ouchies



according to wikipedia the word "ouch" may refer to:  an interjection that denotes pain.


so in that case.......OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!!!

since my surgery on wednesday, i have been pretty much been doing everything i can with one hand.

i prepared hors oeuvres for a little cocktail party we attemded last night. (okay so i dumped a box of some sort of cheese filled puff pastries on a cookie sheet and stuck them in the oven.)

i sang into a microphone while holding my drink in my right hand and wacking my cast on my left thigh.

i am becoming quite skilled at doing blood tests one-handed. (and by this i mean lancing the good finger on the good hand with the good hand!).

i can type with one finger on my right hand almost as fast as i can using both hands and all fingers.

i made cabbage rolls roll casserole, and did the dishes without getting my left hand wet at all. (well perhaps just a tad.)

but now i am suffering.  yes the ouchies have set in.  i  think i will hang up my good hand, (but not before making a nice cuppa tea) and relax with a good book.  or perhaps i'll watch a movie with my daughter. 

putting my bad hand to bed.  night night. 

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

No comments:

Post a Comment