Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Kim 7.0

7.0  

that's right  7.0

 i was at my Endo appt yesterday and both he and his nurse had huge smiles on their faces.  when asked what i thought my A1c was, i replied  "oh, 7.2?"    nope, wrong.  their smiles were bigger than that. 

7.0.   i don't think my A1c has ever been that low. seriously! 

and my tryglicerides, and my cholesterol are all fabulous! 

my blood pressure was 117/50.   considering i normally suffer from "white coat syndrome", that's cool!

way back, when i first started seeing this Endo, he asked me if i liked to cook.  of course, i said yes.  he asked me if i had tools in my kitchen.  tools like knives, and bowls, and mixers, and such things that helped me cook.  yes, of course.  well he then likened my pills for high blood pressure, cholesterol and thyroid as my tools.  tools that help me look after myself.

yesterday, before he left the office, he commended me on my numbers and reminded me to continue to "use my tools".  '

i told him i would, faithfully!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it so wonderful to see the hard work we do every day pay off in a way that is tangible? I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Excellent! Way to work with your tools. Do they come with a cool belt? ;-)

    ReplyDelete