Wednesday, May 16, 2012

one great thing


Living with diabetes (or caring for someone who lives with it) sure does take a lot of work, and it’s easy to be hard on ourselves if we aren’t “perfect”. But today it’s time to give ourselves some much deserved credit. Tell us about just one diabetes thing you (or your loved one) does spectacularly! Fasting blood sugar checks, oral meds sorted and ready, something always on hand to treat a low, or anything that you do for diabetes. Nothing is too big or too small to celebrate doing well!


For me, after years of living haphazardly with Diabetes,  i have become a little OCD about the whole disease.  I will not beat myself up over the past, but i will give myself a pat on the back for finally getting my act together. 

In getting my act together, testing has become something i did "once in a while", to something i do obsessively  at least 6 times a day and some days as many as 12 times! It is one of the things that i do
really well for my diabetes!

No comments:

Post a Comment