i received 2 samples from the company here in Canada that supplies them. as i have mentioned, i use the Contact Detach, which i purchase directly from Animas Canada. i have been quite happy with that infusion set, but wanted to see what else was available.
the Orbit Micro is a little different.
- i found it is not as easy to insert, although once in, i did not notice it
- it does rotate 360' which is neat
- the cannula is 31guage ~ very thin and painless insertion
- the tubing is blue, which is kinda weird! (the tubing was 30" and i am used to 23", but it does come in different lengths)
- it definitely held up to tugging (fell off the dresser while i was getting dressed (my pump~not me ~ and it didn't pull out)
- the adhesive is skin toned, which, for me, really makes no difference
- i am used to a fairly flat cap/cover for showering, and this one is not
tomorrow, i will be trying another infusion set. this one will be the Spring Universal Detach Detect Infusion set. i received samples from a company about an 30 minutes from my home. They do charge shipping/handling, but i can just drive there and pick up my order if i choose.
stay tuned for updates!!