Tuesday, August 09, 2011

i had the answer!

the other day i was trying to figure out how to or rather where to put my pump, while wearing a sundress to a wedding we were attending.  after much thought and considerations, i was just about to give up and opt for the pants/capris (with pocket) and blouse when i spied something on my dining room table.

my daughter's friend was over a few days prior, and she had been wearing an elastic-y hairband.  and there it was sitting on my table.   i picked it up, and noticed that it felt sort of rubbery.  stretchy, and soft, yet rubbery. 

hmmmmm...i wondered ~ could this be what i've been looking for?  would this work?  and so i slipped it over my foot and up onto my thigh.  i  slid my pump in between skin and rubbery, stretchy, soft hairband on my inner thigh, and there is sat.  snug as a bug in a rug!

i jumped a little, i walked around, i sat, i stood, i danced (to music playing in my head) and i ran up and down my front hall.  it didn't move!  it stayed put!!! 

i tried on my sundress to see how it would look.  could anyone see the pump or the "garter" holding it to my leg?  nope.  was it itchy, or scratchy?  was it cutting off the circulation in my leg?  nope.

I HAD THE ANSWER!!!  maybe not the answer to world peace, or eternal youth, or even the cure for diabetes.  but i now had the answer to the question i had wondered about all week~  what to do with my pump while wearing a sundress!
(purchased at my local grocery store ~ pack of 3 for only $5.99 ~ for me=deal of the month!!)

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!! I love this idea! I am def going to give this a try! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I don't know, y'know, I think this is a step towards 'insulin-pumpers-world-peace'! I'm sure it will make female insulin pumpers much more peaceful, as it will mean that they won't be stressing about where they're going to keep their pump. I think you're a GENIUS! :)

    ReplyDelete